This is a widget area - you can put some widgets here by going to Appearance --> Widgets.
“Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” – Albert Einstein
A synagogue, especially one as robust as SHJC, could not function without the involvement of its members. Our synagogue has many areas in which dedicated people work to ensure the success of our day to day activities and continued health for the future.
In addition to Sisterhood and Men’s Club, please consider lending your talents, time and abilities to any of the following endeavors:
- Finance Committee – responsible for planning and implementing SHJC’s fiscal plan. Generally meets the third Wednesday of the month. (Alan Reid, VP)
- Education Committee – works with the Principal to oversee and set policy for the Religious School. Usually meets the third Thursday of the month. (Lesley Logue and Beth Ann Roos, Co-VP)
- Ritual Committee – consults with Rabbi Jacknis and Hazzan Levin regarding matters affecting services and all other ritual practice at SHJC. (Jeff Kreinces, VP)
- Family Education Committee – works to devise and carry out programming and fundraising. (Phyllis Pellman, Family Educator)
- Hesed Helpers – performs acts of loving kindness throughout the community. (Allen Hecht, Coordinator)
- House Committee – oversees and facilitates the care and operation of the SHJC physical plant. (Keith Archer, VP)
- Membership Committee – serves as contact point for information on membership and helps new members feel welcome and comfortable. (Lisa Travis, VP)
- Programming Committee – runs most synagogue-wide holiday programming and special events, and works to develop new ideas for the future. (Blayne Peltzman and Gilit Stein, Co-VP)
- Fundraising Committee – conceives and implements programs and events designed to raise money for SHJC. (Janine Loewy, VP)
- Youth Committee–works with our Youth Director to plan and implement youth programs. (Karen Lippman and Pam Landman, Liaison)
- Early Childhood Committee–to help continue an award winning early childhood program. (Wendy Sherman and Lauren Tamas, Early Childhood Liaisons)
- Israel Affairs Committee–serves to raise awareness of Israel related issues and events while engaging synagogue membership. (Yvonne Cort)
Surely, with all this to pick from, there is a niche for you!