This is a widget area - you can put some widgets here by going to Appearance --> Widgets.
Welcome to our haimish Conservative Jewish home.
Click here for SHJC Membership Application
Click here for Membership Fee Schedule
Click here for Early Childhood Page
Click here for Religious School Page
Click here for Request for Access Card
Under the spiritual guidance and humility of our beloved Rabbi Ian Jacknis, SHJC offers our family members numerous connections to Jewish living:
- Our Early Childhood Program is regarded as one of the strongest on Long Island, offering outstanding education for our youngest congregants by introducing them to the Jewish holidays and traditions.
- Our repeatedly recognized Religious School program which brings innovation and out-of-the-classroom teaching techniques to our students. Concentrations in prayer, language, history, culture and values are shared.
- Three Youth Group clubs including Club 4/5 for 4th and 5th graders, Kadima for 6th-8th graders, and USY for our High school young adults.
- Minyan is held Sundays through Thursdays, with services on Friday evenings, Saturday mornings, holidays, etc.
- Varied opportunities for individual, family and community involvement with our Sisterhood, Men’s Club, book club, Torah study group and more.
- A strong Bar and Bat Mitzvah program of study for our students and for our adult congregants who did not recognize their coming of age Jewishly in their younger years.
Join our dedicated and loyal congregation. We are certain you will enjoy the opportunities for study, celebration, leadership, and support of building Jewish family values and yielding a unique appreciation of your Jewish heritage. For more information, please contact the SHJC office at (631) 421-3224 or our Membership Co Vice-Presidents, Hilary Kalb and Hillary Rosenstein, by email at email@example.com.
Our very popular Refer A Friend promotion is back! All you have to do is refer a friend or family member to SHJC, and you get a $200 dues credit ($100 for Early Childhood families) after that friend or family member has been a member for one year. It’s that simple. For more information, please contact Lisa Travis or Hilary Kalb at firstname.lastname@example.org.