This is a widget area - you can put some widgets here by going to Appearance --> Widgets.
Gayle Charlack, Pam Landman, Co-Presidents
Click here to view the email sent to our congregation in August 2020, with a link to join Sisterhood and an overview of Sisterhood
Click here to view our Shalah Manot page thanking all our generous vendors who supported SHJC for Purim 2020! Purim Baskets were available for pickup March 9 – 13. In retrospect, perfect timing, because the baskets were chock full of goodies to help you get through the start of the Stay at Home order due to COVID-19. Hope you enjoyed your basket. Sisterhood wants to thank those who participated in their Shalah Manot Purim Baskets project. It was a huge success. Not only did we raise much needed funds, we also gave you the opportunity to satisfy the mitzvah of Shalah Manot. More of you participated in this project than ever before. We hope you enjoyed the contents. Make sure you use the bags when you go shopping – another mitzvah. Thank you also to all the women who helped make reciprocal phone calls, who helped pack the bags, and who helped hand out the bags. We couldn’t do it without all of you.
Click here for a flyer to Help Sisterhood Help You!!
Click here for a letter about Torah Fund 2020.
Look what fun we had during our Paint Night in May 2019
The SHJC Sisterhood is active and very involved in many areas of Synagogue life. Whether efforts are going toward providing holiday celebrations for students in our Religious school, presenting meaningful and varied Judaic (and other) courses of study, or planning entertaining and informative programming, this vital and exciting group of women contribute greatly and provide a wonderful tradition of service to our congregation.
Sisterhood coordinates several worthwhile tzedakah projects, including Pick a Dreidel, donating food to local food banks, and providing help to outside organizations as needed.
Sisterhood activities include:
- Educational endeavors
- Sisterhood Shabbat
- Holiday observances
- Gift Shop
- Reaching out to college youth
- Organizing Defensive Driving classes
- Raising money for the Jewish Theological Seminary
- Honoring our yearly Woman of Achievement
- Honoring our yearly Roberta Greenberg Queen Esther
- Helping our Early Childhood and Religious School
- Performing acts of Hesed for our members at difficult times and on happy occasions
- Book Club
- Shalah Manot Purim Baskets
- Gifts for Bar and Bat Mitzvah
- Gifts and awards to the Graduates of our Religious School
- Groggers and Bongers for Purim
- Annual Spring Event
- Supporting every special event we have in our congregation!
The SHJC Sisterhood is a proud member of the BQLI Region of the Women’s League for Conservative Judaism.