Gwen Lichtman and Beth Melideo, Co-Presidents
Click here to view our Shalach Manot page thanking all our generous vendors who supported SHJC this Purim!
The SHJC Sisterhood is active and very involved in many areas of Synagogue life. Whether efforts are going toward providing holiday celebrations for students in our Religious school, presenting meaningful and varied Judaic (and other) courses of study, or planning entertaining and informative programming, this vital and exciting group of women contribute greatly and provide a wonderful tradition of service to our congregation.
Sisterhood coordinates several worthwhile tzedakah projects, including Pick a Dreidel, donating food to local food banks, and providing help to outside organizations as needed.
Sisterhood activities include:
- Educational endeavors
- Sisterhood Shabbat
- Holiday observances
- Gift Shop
- Reaching out to college youth
- Organizing Defensive Driving classes
- Raising money for the Jewish Theological Seminary
- Honoring our yearly Woman of Achievement
- Honoring our yearly Roberta Greenberg Queen Esther
- Helping our Early Childhood and Religious School
- Performing acts of Hesed for our members at difficult times and on happy occasions
- Book Club
- Shalah Manot Purim Baskets
- Gifts for Bar and Bat Mitzvah
- Gifts and awards to the Graduates of our Religious School
- Groggers and Bongers for Purim
- Annual Spring Event
- Supporting every special event we have in our congregation!
The SHJC Sisterhood is a proud member of the BQLI Region of the Women’s League for Conservative Judaism.